Delta 8 vs Delta 10 : What are the differences?
What is Delta 8?
Delta-8 THC is naturally derived from cannabis plants and is a chemical analog of delta-9 THC – the primary psychoactive compound found in your weed. Delta-8 exists at much lower concentrations than delta-9 THC in the cannabis plant.
How does delta-8 work? THC interacts with the body by binding to cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2) in the endocannabinoid system. Delta-8 is slightly structurally different from delta-9 and has a lower affinity for CB1 receptors, making it less psychoactive (approximately two-thirds as potent) than delta-9 THC.
Is delta-8 legal? The 2018 Farm Bill indirectly legalized the sale of hemp-derived delta-8 products, making it widely accessible. Delta-8 THC products, such as cartridges, tinctures, and edibles, can be purchased at most vape shops and CBD stores across the U.S. (especially where medical marijuana is legal), and online.
LEARN MORE: Is Delta 8 Legal in Your State? | Is Delta-8 THC Safe?
Delta 8 Effects
What are the benefits of delta 8? Studies suggest that delta-8 consumers experience relaxation, euphoria, pain relief, and reduced inflammation. Compared to delta-9 THC, delta-8 is less likely to cause anxiety or paranoia.
Delta-8 may provide many therapeutic benefits of traditional THC without the unwanted effects. In one study, a participant described delta-8 THC as “delta 9’s nicer younger sibling.” Other participants said delta-8 is less impairing, doesn’t cause couch-lock, and produces a “functioning high.”
How long do the effects of delta 8 last? The effects of delta-8 THC can last anywhere from 3 to 8 hours, depending on your tolerance and how much you consume.
What is Delta 10?
Delta-10 THC is naturally derived from cannabis plants and is a chemical analog of delta-9 THC. Cannabis contains a trace amount of delta-10 THC. Delta-10 has less affinity for CB1 receptors than delta-8, making it less psychoactive than delta-8. Still, delta-10 produces mild psychoactive and euphoric effects.
Is delta 10 legal? Due to the 2018 Farm Bill that legalized hemp-derived cannabis products, delta-10 THC is legal in most U.S. states. For now, both delta-8 and delta-10 exist in a legal grey area. However, certain states have prohibited delta-8 and delta-10.
Consumers can find delta-10 in products like cartridges or edibles in many vape or CBD shops (especially where medical marijuana is legal), and online.
Before purchasing any cannabis products online, conduct thorough research and confirm that the retailer is credible.
Delta 10 Effects
What are the effects of delta 10? Researchers have studied delta-10 THC far less than delta-8. Consumers find delta-10 to provide an uplifting, “daytime” high. Delta-10 consumers report stress-relieving effects, a sense of calm, and boosts of energy and motivation.
On the other hand, both delta-8 and delta-9 may cause sleepiness.
Although we lack delta-10 research, we can assume (but not guarantee) that delta-10 possesses many of the same medicinal properties as other THC variants.
Delta-10 vs. delta-8: which is best suited for you? If you are interested in a mild high or suffer from mental health ailments like anxiety and depression, delta-10 might be the best THC option for you.
What’s the Difference Between Delta-8 and Delta-10?
We’ve looked at delta 8 effects and delta 10 effects, but what’s the difference between delta-8 and delta-10?
When it comes to delta-8 vs. delta-10, there are more similarities than differences, especially structurally. However, their effects are somewhat distinct.
Similarities of Delta-10 vs. Delta-8
- Since delta-8 and delta-10 both exist in trace amounts in the cannabis plant, manufacturers must extract and concentrate them to create products containing significant amounts of these THC variants.
- Both delta 8 effects and delta 10 effects produce a mild high and relaxation.
- Delta-8 and delta-10 are ideal for cannabis beginners, less-seasoned consumers, or consumers who desire a less potent high.
- Neither delta 8 nor delta 10 are likely to cause anxiety, paranoia, or any adverse effects in mild to moderate doses.
- Neither delta 8 nor delta 10 are as potent or psychoactive as traditional delta-9 THC.
- Delta-8 and delta-10 are typically more affordable and accessible than delta-9 products.
Differences Between Delta-10 vs. Delta-8
- Consumers often prefer delta-8 for a euphoric experience, as the feelings of euphoria with delta-10 tend to be less intense.
- Delta-10 is less psychoactive than delta-8, making it a more suitable option for consumers who struggle with anxiety and depression.
- Delta-10 has even fewer reports of anxiety or paranoia than delta-8 – which could also be due to the limited research on delta-10.
- Because delta-8 has a greater affinity for binding with the body’s cannabinoid receptors, delta-8 may be better at relieving pain and inflammation (especially when combined with cannabinoids like CBD) than delta-10.